Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I'm a work in progress


About a month ago I posted about the incredible job my husband has done in getting healthier and in shape. So now that I'm 6 months postpartum I guess it's my turn.  Please keep in mind: I am a work in progress (and I mean that both physically and spirtually).

Once Conall turned 7 weeks I joined a women's gym here that is actually affiliated with the hospital where I gave birth. Out of all the gyms I figured this one would most definitely have a trustworthy nursery. Included in the membership were four personal training sessions: an evaluation, two fitness plans, an actual training session, and a recheck. When I had my initial evaluation it was 7 weeks after I gave birth and I had done very little in the way of exercise. Everything they checked was below average or well below average- very disheartening. But that was also motivation to get it together and be healthy for my child.  I started working out Monday- Friday at the gym, doing my training plan (weights) MWF, and Pilates on T, Th. At home I'd run on T, Th, and Sat/Sun with the Couch 2 5k program. On Thanksgiving I ran my first 5k in little under 40 minutes, running the whole time.  I haven't remained quite as dedicated to running during the cold weather, plus I like to run at nights and for a couple of weeks there was a home invader on the prowl (he's been caught now). The weather here is so lovely and spring like that I'd love to run, but I have a pretty nasty chest cold.

Anyways here are some stats:
Pounds lost: 18
Inches lost from waist: 4.8
Inches lost from hips: 3.7
Inches lost from thigh:  2.6
Body fat percentage lost: 3.8%

I'm back to my pre-pregnancy size/weight but I'm not stopping there! Hopefully I can kick this cold and get back to my routine and back to running.
Before- a little less than 2 weeks after birth
Now. Not done yet, but working on it.

I'm honestly not writing this post to say, 'Look at me! Look at me!" But I want this to be a visual reminder of how far I've come and a motivation to keep moving forward. It's easy to settle, and I'm going to push forward!

And for all you who read this long post, here's a special reward: an absolutely adorable picture of my baby shark :)


No comments:

Post a Comment