Thursday, February 13, 2014

6 months!

My baby is half a year old! How did that happen?! I'm already starting to reminiscence about when he was a newborn/one month/2 month old. But I can't deny that I love the stage he's at right now. Nothing beats his brilliant smile at me or especially at his Daddy. He LOVES his Daddy. When Jordan comes home, Conall's entire being lights up and he wont stop looking at him. When Jordan is near Conall will lift his little arms so he can be near his Dad. And it's not just in person either. Sometimes I'll put Conall on my bed while doing laundry and Conall can see a lot of our pictures hung on the wall of just Jordan and me. And his little face lights up because he recognizes the both of us.

So far, being 6 months old hasn't been too fun for my baby. He started getting a cold, that his Dad so kindly shared with the both of us, on the day after he turned 6 months. The following day was shot day and was just plain not fun. He got four shots and an oral shot. And of course when he started feeling bad from the cold and his shots, I was suffering from some weird virus that just swallowed up and engulfed all of my energy. It was as if I had the flu, but did not have any of the cold-like symptoms, fever, or chills. Fortunately that was gone a couple of days later, but left me vulnerable to getting the cold that the rest of our little family suffered. Conall had suffered a little from allergies this fall, which at the time I wasn't certain if it was just allergies or a cold. Now I'm certain they were allergies, a cold on a little baby is so much worse. There is nothing worse than your baby coughing and crying immediately after, and knowing there's not much you can do. My pediatrician recommended putting some Vick's on the bottom of his feet, so I've fortunately been able to do at least that. He seems much better today, only waking up once last night (thank you, Jesus).

Some stats at 6 months:

Weight: 17.8lbs (54 percentile)
Height: 27.25 in (80 percentile)
Eye color: a medium steel blue with flecks of greenish brown
Hair color: blonde

Favorite Toy: His Baby Einstein jumper. This was already his fav but with this cold it's definitely the best as it allows him to stand and not suffer sinus pain. He is also loving his teething toys Sophie the Giraffe (which Jordan has renamed Jerry because its more masculine) and the similar monkey squeaker.

Food: Still just breast milk. We will start solids soon, once this cold is behind us.

Clothes size: he's in size 9 sleepers and some clothes. He is getting long and some of his onesies are a little short.

Diaper size: still 3
Sleeps: From about 8pm-7am, waking up usually once, but with this cold it has been a lot more. He sleeps on his side with a very soft stuffed animal giraffe.
Favorite thing to try and grab: Piper. His face also lights up for both dogs, but since Piper is usually always within 5 feet of me, Conall's attention is focused on her. He tries to grab her face, but she isn't too sure. I try to guide his little hands towards her body and not face. She's been pretty good though, just a few nervous looks like, "mom, what's this little person doing?!" But all she has to do is kiss his face and she gets her revenge.





No comments:

Post a Comment