Thursday, May 21, 2015

April

I'm going to do my best to not sound like my blog is written by a 4th grader.  Here goes ;)


April was a great month!  My littlest baby turned one month old and my big baby turned 20 months old.  The sweetest thing is seeing him interact with her.  Conall adores Clara and giving her kisses, hugs,  toys, and rough love.  He loves her too much sometimes. Lately he finds it hilarious to tickle her face. Let's just say... she doesn't find it funny, but I'm grateful he loves her and isn't resentful!

Having 2 under 2 isn't terrifying like I thought it would be.  Clara is great and just eats, sleeps, and poos. Conall, on the other hand, is a bit of a mess. The addition of sweet Clara brought out not only his intense brotherly love, but also a bit of a rebellious stage. "No" is his favorite word. Well, maybe "snack" is, but "no" is a close second.  I knew this day would come but was surprised that it was ushered in by his sister (I probably shouldn't have been though).

Conall 20 months:
Weight: 25lbs
Size clothes: mostly 24 months
Size diaper: 5
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Hazel
Toys: His outside slide and water table
Skill: He is constantly learning new words! My little parrot!
Food: PB&J, he's becoming a slightly picky eater (aka definitely a toddler)

Basically at 20 months Conall's vocabulary has blown up (somewhat). He LOVES his Sissy and he also LOVES playing outside: backyard, park, splash pad

Clara: 1 month
Weight: about 9 lbs
Size clothes: 3 month (0-3)
Size diaper: 1
Hair: dark blonde, for now
Eyes: Bluish
Skills: She just started smiling :) Also she enjoys spending a couple hours of girl time with me in the middle of the night. I love her... but hope to quickly move our sweet time together to a time that isn't the middle of the night.

During the middle of the month Jordan's parents (Dorie and Poppy) came to visit and help out right before/during the start of turnaround. Conall got to spend a lot of quality time with them at the park and zoo and just hanging around the house. Clara got many cuddles too!

Jordan started his crazy work hours the night that Clara turned 1 month old. In the time period our dryer broke and I fixed it, and Clara's ceiling fan quit working and was also fixed (although not by me).  But my friends have really been a huge help. Some have come to hang out at night with me, others are planning play dates, and then others are making delicious dinners. What I'm really learning during this time is that I need community and need to be vulnerable about that. My natural inclination is to say I'm good or I'm fine and then suffer silently. But allowing others to help me and my family not only (obviously) helps me keep my sanity but it allows deeper friendships to happen. I'm so thankful for all my friends here (and those away who check in on me, including my family) who've been a huge help. I love you all!







No comments:

Post a Comment