On Thursday, March 19, we welcomed our baby girl to the world.
The entire experience was a blessing from God, prayers were answered in big ways.
The week before she came I freaked out about child care for Conall. Ideally the best times to go into labor would be during my parents' visit or during Easter week when I definitely had someone who could watch Conall. But with Jordan's crazy work hours beginning in mid-April, the sooner the better. Well, the morning after my parents get into town I had my weekly check up. And we discover my waters had ruptured. So, to eliminate the risk of infection and danger to the baby I was sent to the hospital to be induced. Again. No rushing to the hospital for me, but it was comforting having done that before with Conall and knowing what to expect.
Clara measured small throughout the pregnancy and my due date was pushed back almost a week, but I've been keeping track of the actual date. So according to my date she was born 37 weeks 3 days, but according to their dates it was 36 weeks 6 days, same as Conall.
Labor lasted about 5 hours and I blessedly got an epidural. She was facing sunny side up for a bit causing back labor, which was HORRIBLE. I decided at the las
Being so tiny and less then 37 weeks, the nurses had to monitor her blood sugar levels before every feeding. At first they were only slightly low and then they started getting lower. So she was admitted to the nicu for some sugar in an IV and had to be monitored for 24 hours. It was definitely not what I would've wanted and it was hard, but not as scary as Conall's trouble breathing and oxygen levels. But long story short she got the nutrition she needed and was released as quickly as possible.
Conall LOVES his sissy. He can't say Clara very well (the l's are difficult for him) so she's Sissy to him. But I'll post more about them later. We just love her and are so glad she's here!





No comments:
Post a Comment