Tuesday, June 18, 2013

30 Weeks!




Baby is as long as an English Cucumber!

A little bit about baby's development:  Baby weighs about 3 pounds and is about 15.8 in long. His eye sight is continuing to develop and so are the wrinkles in his brain. Because he can start regulating his own body temperature, he is shedding his lanugo (body hair) that was keeping him warm.

Our baby is still awaiting a permanent name, although we are very close on making a final decision. We may still keep it under wraps until he is born, just in case he doesn't appear to match his name when he is born. We do have a middle name permanently set, Daniel. So as of now it is ______ Daniel Kidd :)  He is growing stronger with his kicks and punches (which are right around my belly button). And he appears to continue to have enough room to still be pretty active.

Here is the messy before
Week 30 Symptoms: Not too much has changed for me, except becoming more uncomfortable, especially at night when trying to sleep. I have been trying to be more active since my schedule is more open. A couple of days ago I took 2 medium long walks in one day! However, after the last walk I could barely move because my hips and pelvis were so sore.  I had a complete freak out this weekend when I thought I spotted some stretch marks on my belly. I know stretch marks are genetic, and if I'm going to get them, I'm going to get them. But I just was not expecting to get them so soon. Fortunately, my little scare was just from some wrinkle on my shirt, lol.

And here is the after! The color is a greyish blue.
Last weekend my family came to visit and help out with the nursery. We cleared everything out, my mom and I painted (low VOC paint, no worries), and we organized his clothes in the closet.  We also were able to pick up my crib! Because we are getting new carpet in a week or so, the crib is still in its box. All that's left is a dresser and recliner, woo hoo! I also was able to get rid of some old couches that were cluttering up the man room. Just that act has made me feel so much better about getting the house ready for the baby. 

 And here is the weekly belly shot. I thought it would be neat to see my progression wearing the same shirt as previous weekly pics. For some reason, I can't get the pictures to move into the right order.... oh well.  I definitely feel big, but I trust the NICE random people who say I'm small. A mean man at the library asked when I was going to have the baby, adding " in 20 min?" And then when I said a little over 2 months he said, "Oh he's a big baby!"
Jerk. :)

30 Weeks!

16 Weeks!
27 Weeks!






No comments:

Post a Comment