Monday, June 3, 2013

Nursery and More

Well things are SLOWLY coming along in the nursery. I made a mood board of sorts to show what my vision is...


      Sadly, the quality of this picture is not so good, but you get the gist. Here is either the dresser or a style of dresser I want and can also use for a changing table. Next is our crib, which is being shipped to the store and will probably take at least 2 weeks. Then we have the navy and white chevron curtains from PBKids. My changing pad cover from Land of Nod to go with the slight elephant theme.
      The first picture on the bottom row is the bumper from our crib set. The sheet is similar to the  lighter side of the bumper and the crib skirt is pretty much a solid navy with a lime green skinny stripe. Next is the super sweet elephant wood puzzle that will probably be put on a floating shelf. Speaking of shelves, I love these spice racks that can be used as bookshelves. I got many sweet books from my book club baby shower that will go great in here. Sadly, you can't tell the exact color of the paint, but it is Glidden's Antique Silver (more of a bluish gray).  Last but not least are the crate seats I made for my classroom. I may or may not use them, and if I do I will change out the fabric on the seat to be fit in with a boy's nursery and my color scheme.

      I'm still not done, but I feel more accomplished. I need carpet (still) and although I almost purchased it yesterday with Home Depot, I don't trust them anymore. We bough a new fridge from them and long story short they not only could NOT install it, they caused the water valve to leak and me to call a plumber asap to fix it. When I called to complain and to voice my concern over potentially spending thousands of dollars on carpet with them, all they could respond was, "Well you would have had to pay a plumber to come out anyways."  Frustrating. Needless to say, I am willing to pay a little more to know it will be done correctly.

I'll update later this week with some actual pregnancy updates.

For now, here is a pic of my new fridge!


No comments:

Post a Comment