Yesterday was Conall's original due date. It's crazy to think that I was supposed to be pregnant the majority of this month. I cannot imagine these past three weeks without him (on the outside). Although life has been a roller coaster lately, I finally feel like I'm in the swing of things.
 |
| Hanging out with Piper |
Week 1: Most of this week was in the hospital. The other part was at home for the first time together. We also got visits from his Mimi and Grandfather (my parents). Lots of worry, sleepless nights, and figuring out breastfeeding- which I never knew could be so stressful.
 |
| Sneak peak of his smile! |
Week 2: Soon after my parents left, Jordan's mom, Dorie, came to help. Conall and I were getting slightly past survival mode at this point. That weekend his Aunt Sarah and our friend (honorary Aunt) Christy came to do a newborn photo shoot. She is so talented and we were able to get some lovely pictures! Jordan and I were able to get out and have a nice dinner date. For most of my pregnancy the one meal I craved was something I couldn't have. So I finally got my medium steak with mac and cheese from Doe's Eat Place. And it was everything that I hoped for, absolutely delicious.
Week 3: This has been my favorite week mostly because it has felt normal. Don't get me wrong. I LOVED all the help and visits we got. But nothing beats feeling 'normal' again and getting into a routine. Originally Jordan was going to work half days this week, but unfortunately due to work issues he not only was unable to do so, but had to work extra time. Regardless Conall and I are learning each other quite well. We went in to his two week check up and he gained over one pound in one week!! He's quite the little eater!
 |
| Looking at Black and White art cards with Daddy |
So now that we are at the start of our fourth week, here are some characteristics of Conall. He is becoming more and more alert during the day. I love watching him discover new things and become fixated on people or objects. He really likes to eat! (Although this could be partially due to a growth spurt) He eats about every 2 hours and is usually done after 15 minutes. Lately he has tried to overeat which has caused some massive spit ups.
 |
| After our first non-fussy bath! |
His beautiful clear baby complexion is now gone. This past Sunday I noticed a little breakout of baby acne on his forehead and nose area. He still has his hair and I think it may be lightening up some. Newborn clothes are still fitting but some are getting tight. Newborn diapers fit but don't conceal well during the night. So I'm finishing off the newborn diapers during the day and going up to size 1 at night. At night he's waking up every 2/5-3 hours. I cannot wait for him to sleep longer :) He's a very sweet and cuddly baby and I'm loving every moment with him!
 |
| Look at those beautiful blue/gray eyes! Soon after this pic was taken major vomiting took place. |
No comments:
Post a Comment