Baby is the size of a head of lettuce!
Week 26 was a busy week- the end of school! I was pretty achy this week mainly from packing up my room. I didn't lift anything too heavy, no worries! My coworkers took great care of me and offered a lot of help. Now I have a living room with boxes of school stuff I physically can't move. Hopefully I can get Jordan to let me order him around and move things for me :)
Nothing too dramatic this week, ecxcept realizing that I gained like 3-4 pounds in a week! All those delicious teacher appreciation treats and weak will power were evil. I'm now being conscious of what I eat again. After school let out we celebrated Memorial Day weekend by taking it easy and enjoying our neighborhood pool. Here's a pic of me baring my bump. I have since gone all out and bought what feels like a swim dress so I can be more comfortable and not burn my belly. Jordan was a little weirded out by me flaunting my baby belly. Oh well, I will still occasionally bust this suit out, so he'll have to adjust.Baby has been moving more and more and I can physically see him making waves on my belly. It's so cool! Deciding on a name for him is probably going to be one of the most difficult parts of this pregnancy. I may end up being one of those mothers who wait until their child is born to name them, and then still don't have a clue! Hopefully not, though.
This week: Week 27
Baby is the size of a rutabaga!
Some consider week 27 the beginning of the third and last trimester. Which is nice, but a little scary. My house is in no way ready for a baby. I need new carpet, a crib, dresser, diapers, paint,etc. My big problem is all the clutter in my entire house. I'm sure it's not THAT bad, but with nesting trying to kick in, it feels like I live in a house that should be on hoarders (well, not really). I want to decorate the nursery, but that requires a crib, which I refuse to get until we get new carpet. My sweet Piper destroyed the carpet in that room when she was a puppy, and I have yet to replace it. Then there's all the items I've stored in the nursery room that need to go to the attic, which seems like a very dangerous place for a pregnant lady. It's frustrating because I have all this free time but limited ability to move around things I want moved. But that's how I'm feeling with nesting.
Tomorrow I have my very important glucose test and Dr. appointment. I have to fast starting tonight at 8:15, until my appointment in the morning. I must admit, I am not looking forward to this. But what can you do? Send prayers that I do not have gestational diabetes or have to retake the test.
27 Week symptoms:
- Achiness. Especially my lower back
- I feel like I'm beginning to waddle, although Jordan says he can't tell
- Seeing lots of little movements that I may not even be noticably feeling
- Feeling like I am wearing a couple of bricks in my belly when going on walks
- Upset stomach. This was new and came just after I was thinking to myself how I've not experienced that in a long time.
- Not wanting to wear pants, lol. I have a few pairs I bought at a Goodwill that fit perfectly a month ago. Now they're a little tight, and it's hot outside. I've ordered some more skirts and dresses to accommodate.
- Some swelling. Fingers when on walks outside, and feet when standing, sitting all day (only happened the last day of school, last week). Fortunately not much swelling. Only occured one time for both.
- I feel fat all the time too. Jordan is being very healthy and losing weigh to get in shape for fatherhood. While I am extremely proud of him, it's hard seeing him get thinner while I get bigger. But all in all, I really haven't gained too much outside of the belly. From the front it just looks like I have a flabby belly and waist.


No comments:
Post a Comment