Tuesday, October 15, 2013

September

One of the main reasons I created this blog was to keep track of all the little milestones and memories, and to enable my long distance family and friends to keep up to date. So, sorry it's been so long for a real update!

September flew by so quickly! It started out with a visit from my older sister, Kathleen. She had a chance to come visit Conall earlier than Christmas, so she took it! We would have loved for my nieces to come too, but maybe another time. We went to the outlet mall and made some name art for Conall's nursery. Overall it was a really good time!

I had my last check up from my OB for a while and everything has healed up well, which is comforting to know. I really liked my OB, and was glad that she had the chance to see Conall grown up a bit (6 weeks old).  Throughout my pregnancy I gained a whopping 40 pounds- UGH! Fortunately I have lost a little more than half, but cannot wait to get at least to pre-baby weight. Ideally, now that I am able to workout during the day more I'd like to get below that and be in good shape. I'm dealing with accepting that this won't happen overnight and I'll have to accept myself where I am. To help with this, Jordan got me a year membership at the fitness club associated with the hospital where I gave birth. I trust the ladies in the nursery with Conall, and they just love him (I mean, who doesn't?). Included in my membership is four sessions with a personal trainer and a personalized workout plan. Since I've started in mid-September I've gone at least 3 times a week and feel pretty good!

My baby boy has grown so much! He's a little chunk, and I just love his chubby little baby cheeks. He loves to eat, which is good cause I've never really had to worry about if I'm producing enough milk. He does have some reflux and gas pains, so I've quit consuming most dairy and this helps some. It's so hard not eating yogurt, some cheese (I still will have cheese on some things), ice cream, and milk. Some times I'll eat ice cream, but I try not to. When he's working on a poo or has gas he's a huge grunter. He's very vocal! We haven't had the problem of him throwing a crying fit in public, it's more like a grunting fit, lol.
 
Starting at around 6 weeks Conall started real smiling, not just gas. While he's sleeping he'll break out laughing which is the. cutest. thing. ever.   Only once (at 7 weeks) did he laugh while awake. 

Conall never lost any of his hair, and it's barely lightened up. In the light it has a golden hue, so I think it will lighten up as he gets older. His eyes are a dark grey blue color. I think they will probably stay that color, but they could change to a a brown hazel like mine.  So far 99% of people say that he is a mini-Jordan, and I agree. As he gets chubbier cheeks I feel like I can see myself in him. But I'm glad to have a mini-Jordan. He definitely knows me and my voice, and I love seeing that recognition.



No comments:

Post a Comment