Tuesday, July 16, 2013

34 weeks and a baby shower



Baby is the size of a butternut squash.

      I can't believe how close we are to the end of this pregnancy. Baby will be full term in 3 weeks! Next week I will get to see an ultrasound of how he is measuring- which I'm very anxious for! I want to know if is in correct position or breech, measuring ahead of schedule or on schedule, and approximately how long and much he weighs. 

     Next week our recliner and dresser arrive and so I can finally finish the nursery. I have already washed most of his clothes, gotten some things together for a hospital bag, and tried to read up as much as I can about labor.  So hopefully after next week I'll be as prepared as I can be for this baby :)


Because I skipped last week here's a little summary over 33 weeks:
      Symptoms: Baby is still quite active, but has less room to move around. I'm not seeing the huge somersault type movement that was more common only a few weeks ago.  Falling asleep is harder mainly due to not being able to get comfortable or my mind just not wanting to fall asleep. I went walking on a treadmill to beat the heat and was able to go up to a whopping 2.7 speed! How slow!! It did not feel slow, however. I did have some shortness of breath along with some uncomfortable Braxton Hicks contractions.
       Milestones: My mother-in-law was gracious enough to throw us a shower in Dallas this past weekend. I was 33 weeks, 4 days. Because Dallas is considerably closer than Baton Rouge, my parents, sister, and best friend were able to attend. We also had many friends and some family from the Dallas area. It was such a lovely shower, and Jordan and I feel so grateful for all the love and support. Here are some pictures:




Week 34:
Baby: Baby can open and close his eyes and has a thick waxy coating growing thicker to protect his skin from pruning from the amniotic fluid.  His little fingernails and toenails are well-formed and are growing towards the ends of his fingers.  He can recognize (after birth) music played while in utero during this time.

Symptoms: I'm starting to get achy more often than not now. I am so glad to be able to rest at home and relax on my (technically, Jordan's...) recliner. While in Dallas the heat paired with sitting down (and unable to put my feet up) in the car for so long caused some swelling in my feet. But now that I'm home my feet are back to normal! Occassionally the reality of what will happen with delivering will kick in and scare me a little. But I trust God, my body, and the doctors that there'll be no worries. I also will start thinking about how different my life will be after he comes into the world! While there will be so many joys, I will also miss out on selfish lazy bum behavior. So I need to fit it in all now! ;)


1 comment:

  1. I love your little blogs! It's so Kiddie! I miss you! We need to get together before I START teaching again!

    ReplyDelete