Thursday, July 25, 2013

5 (maybe 6) weeks and counting!

It's crazy how quickly this summer is flying by! I can't believe that in less than 6 weeks we should be welcoming our baby boy. Who knows? Maybe much sooner.

Things are coming together: Nursery will be completed when the dresser and recliner arrive. I also want to put his name above his crib, but that will wait because we just aren't set 100% yet.  By we, I mean me, because if it were up the hubby his name would probably be Edmund and already embroidered on many blankets and quilts. Unfortunately for him, I don't care for that name and am super indecisive. Other than that, I am quite pleased with how it's come together.

Baby: Baby is 35 weeks old and running out of room! We were able to see him on Monday on an ultrasound, and he's measuring perfectly. They estimated that he was about 5.9lb and in the 45th percentile for his weight. He got all his points for making some big moves we were able to see, practicing breathing the entire time, having full kidneys (which show they're working well), and having a good heartbeat. He's just the best little baby!  He was also head down and dropped enough that we couldn't get a good view of his face because of my pelvis bones, but we'll see him in person soon enough.

Me: I am so glad I'm not working right now because I am SO tired! I take a nap everyday and sleep in when I can. Sometimes the naps are just 30 minutes, and sometimes 2 hours. I feel lazy when I sleep that long, but then I remember I wont be able to do that as easily (if at all) when he's born. My lower back will continue to ache if I do too much movement. If I plan on walking or exercising I will put on a maternity support belt, which helps quite a bit. I am also on instructions to drink at least a gallon of water a day (yet another reason I am glad I'm not working). Although baby passed with flying colors on his ultrasound, I did not. I passed... but just had lower than preferred amniotic fluid. Still in the normal range, just at the very low end. So I was given instructions to drink, drink, drink! I had to split up my doctor appointment and ultrasound for Jordan to come anyways, so when I go to the doctor next, we shall see if all this water helped any. Fortunately, I'm thirsty anyways, and will usually drink three 32 ounce sports drinks by lunch. Technically I only have to drink 4 total, but I make myself have 5 so that we're safe. I learned on day 1 that I have to quit drinking by 9 or I'll not be able to sleep because of all the frequent bathroom trips.

What else?
When he first dropped I had crazy thoughts when I woke up that I am suddenly not pregnant, because my belly, although still big, was not up in my lungs. Obviously he didn't disappear but was hanging out lower- which is fine by me!

We also went on a tour of the hospital, which is only one year old. I'm glad we went on the tour because it's very nice, and made things seem a whole lot more real. I'll be honest, as much as I try to suppress all thoughts of labor and delivery, they are creeping to my fore mind and freaking me out a little.  When I saw the hospital beds with all the machines, I immediately came to realize why people would want to have their babies at home. I still don't, but now I'm more sympathetic towards that idea.  Well, that's all for this week! Let me leave you with an obligatory bump pic:

This is my maternity support belt that helps my back not to ache as much.


1 comment: