Of course that's just my doctor's educated guesstimate, so it may be longer. Or it may be shorter. We'll know more information on Saturday. I was so proud of myself for downing all the water I did and to little avail, my amniotic fluid levels dropped some. Five and below is considered the danger zone. I am slightly above a 5, at a 5.8, dropped 2 full centimeters since Monday. And that's after drinking over a gallon of water a day.
Because I am only 35 weeks, ideally we want him to wait till full term (37 weeks). But he is a champ and is measuring perfectly, continues to practice breathing, has good/non-stressful movement, and a good heart rate. So there is a good chance I may be admitted for bed rest and monitoring after check up on Saturday. Hopefully so, because I am not ready for him yet! Physically I am, although I still have a short to-do list before Saturday. It's the mental part that I have to cope with.
Jordan asked me why I was scared because I've had almost 9 months to cope with this. Well, that may be true, but I have purposefully avoided facing the reality of labor. Yes, I've educated myself as much as I can, but does that make the unknown less scary? Especially when something the size of a watermelon comes out such a small area... one can't help but be a little scared. But I do trust God and his timing and his strength. And the most important thing is not how I'm feeling but if the baby is still healthy. So say a prayer he can stay in for at least a couple more weeks (and that I can keep my sanity)!

No comments:
Post a Comment